The Uninspired Manifesto

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Islam Leaflet School Bust

Article from New York Post.
A Queens teen was arrested yesterday after placing fliers in his teachers' mailboxes asking them to convert to Islam - then made threats once he was caught, authorities said.

Yaseen Chowdhury, 17, of Woodside, wrote the fliers himself and put them in the mailboxes at the Renaissance Charter School in Jackson Heights, sources said.

When confronted there about the fliers, he made unspecified verbal threats, according to the sources.

Chowdhury was charged with aggravated harassment as a hate crime.

A Department of Education spokesman did not return a call seeking comment.

The student's religion was not immediately known.

First of all, the title of the article is the NY Post's, not mine. Secondly, why was he confronted in the first place. Handing out a few fliers doesn't seem that bad, especially when compared to the countless pamphlets I've received in my mailbox, on my car in parking lots, and even taped to my front door detailing local church events. Not to mention the times jehovah's witnesses banged on my fucking door, waking me up at 7 a.m. every Saturday. (until I threatened to call the police if it happened again... but up to that point, I was pretty courteous with my disinterest)

The problem here definitely isn't the kid with the fliers, though he is a nuisance, it's guarded pussy christians who feel that they shouldn't be exposed to anything or anyone that doesn't agree with them. It's a superiority complex that goes beyond thinking they're always right, to believing all dissenting opinions should be silenced, and want common law to reflect that.
posted by Nick at 1:49 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home